SaaS Solutions from Pegasus One
Your SaaS Application Development Partner
The technology behind software-as-a-service (otherwise known as SaaS) may seem sophisticated, and in a lot of ways it absolutely is. The idea at the heart of it, however, couldn’t be more straightforward.
When you purchased a piece of software or a particular application in the past, there was an enormous amount of work (and money) associated with just getting it up and running. If ten employees had to use the same application, for example, you’d need to buy ten different licenses – thus buying the exact same asset multiple times. It would have to be set up and configured on ten different machines, and updated manually on a frequent basis. Likewise, that software only existed on specific pieces of hardware. So if an employee was working from home and needed to access that application, they wouldn’t be able to do so – unless you purchased an additional license for that separate machine, that is.
For years, all of the above was “just the way things were.” A frustrating “cost of doing business,” but a necessary one just the same.
Thankfully, times have changed and the underlying technology has changed with them.
With SaaS, on the other hand, everything is different in the best possible way. Software-as-a-service is a method of not only software licensing, but delivery – instead of installing an application locally on a hard drive, it is accessed via an active Internet connection and a subscription.
The benefits of this simple approach are plentiful. For starters, an employee has access to that same software on every device that they own, no matter what. All they need is an Internet connection and at that point, EVERY device becomes their “work device” – even smartphones and tablets.
Likewise, you don’t have to spend time installing, configuring and updating software to the most recent version as all of that happens automatically. You don’t even have to worry about performance-related issues on aging hardware because at that point, the physical device that someone is using to access the program doesn’t actually matter.
You also don’t have to worry about licensing, because all of that is built into the cost of the subscription. If another employee needs to be able to access that application, all you have to do is add them – there’s no “installing” or license purchasing to worry about in any way, shape or form.
All of this bleeds directly into what is perhaps the most important advantage of all: SaaS helps IT professionals manage and forecast their IT costs in a much more strategic way than ever before.
These are the types of benefits that organizations of all shapes and sizes have been enjoying for years and at Pegasus One, we want to help YOUR business capitalize on every last one of them.
The Power of Software-as-a-Service
Thanks to the ubiquitous nature of broadband Internet connections, software-as-a-service has quickly become the preferred choice for many small, medium and even large-scale businesses across the globe. The World Wide Web has made it possible for even the smallest businesses to operate on a global scale. At any given time, you could be adding new customers from virtually anywhere in the world. Because of that, you need to be able to serve software applications to your users that still work exceptionally well no matter WHERE these people are located.
Thanks to the fact that SaaS is a primarily web-based technology, this concept allows you to do precisely that.
Generally speaking, the concept itself is implemented with the delivery and execution of complex business processes and transactions as services – hence the name. But SaaS also unlocks the potential for applications to be constructed virtually on the fly, all in a way that allows those services to be utilized by anybody from anywhere, no matter what. This alone can save you from the lengthy implementation process that those customizations are normally known for in a more traditional development environment.
The flexible pricing model is also another way that SaaS benefits your end users, too. Typically, people pay only for the level of service they need and the functionality they want access to, along with how long they’re using it. At that point, the end user is in total control of costs and everything is handled in a very efficient, transparent manner. Users aren’t forced to buy features or gain access to functionality that they don’t actually need, meaning that they’re not paying any more than they absolutely have to.
But from your perspective, you also have access to a wider array of potential revenue opportunities. These include but are not limited to things like annual and perpetual licenses, subscriptions and even rentals. SaaS also supports all the popular payment models, too.
Our SaaS Application Development Approach: Breaking Things Down
Our low-cost, flexible SaaS application development solutions at Pegasus One are built from the ground up to assist you in not only automating your business processes, but to do so in a way that makes a significantly higher return on investment essentially a foregone conclusion.
We do this by minimizing your administrative overheads by way of secure, reliable and scalable solutions that are every bit as efficient as they are easy-to-use.
Keep in mind that according to one recent study, almost 60% of all organizations have already integrated SaaS solutions into their businesses to help them improve workflows, increase efficiency and improve productivity across the board.
These organizations rightfully saw SaaS as a way to not only improve their operations, but to create a significant competitive advantage for themselves. Businesses that DON’T make this jump into the world of SaaS as soon as possible are doomed to be left behind, giving up that competitive advantage in a way that they may not be able to recover from.
At Pegasus One, we absolutely do NOT want to see that happen to you.
The term SaaS itself doesn’t refer to any one particular type of application, and can instead refer to a number of different types depending on what you’re trying to do and how you’re trying to do it. Just a few of the popular SaaS types include but are not limited to ones like:
- Content management systems, also known as CRM systems for short.
- Learning management systems.
- Data management systems.
- Enterprise management systems.
- Accounting systems.
- And many, many others.
But for many organizations, one of the major reasons why SaaS solutions become so important has to do with the invaluable insight they provide. In a traditional software environment, a developer can really only be sure of one thing – that someone actually bought a piece of software. You know that they’ve installed it and you know that you’re using it and generally, you really only get information beyond that whenever someone has a problem.
With SaaS, on the other hand, you know so much more than that. You know HOW people are interacting with your app. You know WHAT they’re doing and for HOW LONG. You know what types of common problems people are experiencing and how they’re happening. You know where in the world the majority of your users are located.
This level of insight can then be funneled directly back into your app, thus giving you a very real chance to make future versions even better. You can continue to develop your app alongside Pegasus One over time, winding up with a solution that meets their unique needs even better than it did in the first place. That’s the type of opportunity that most organizations can only dream of and for your business, it could potentially form the foundation of your competitive advantage upon which the next decade of success will be built.
How We Build SaaS: Our Process
One of the things that we’ve always believed in very strongly at Pegasus One is that no two businesses are created equally. There are a lot of businesses who may “do what you do” in a technical sense, but NOBODY does it quite like how you do it.
SaaS’s flexibility helps you take full advantage of that and thanks to our agile development process, we want to help you extend those gains even further.
Every project that we participate in always starts with close collaboration with our clients. We take the time to learn as much about your people and their processes as possible, allowing us to design an SaaS application that is actually capable of supporting and empowering them.
Likewise, if we know exactly where you’re headed as a business, we’re in a better position to help leverage technology to get you there – thus guaranteeing that your IT and your larger organizational strategy are as closely aligned as possible.
Once this initial discovery phase has begun in earnest, the process continues in a number of key ways:
- Planning. Thanks to the heavy emphasis we place on continued collaboration, the team at Pegasus One will work closely with you and your people to plan and establish project milestones for the duration of the application process. With that, you’ll also gain access to your very own local liaison so that you ALWAYS have someone to talk to with any questions or concerns that need addressed. This is key, as you can lean on someone nearby at a moment’s notice. Once you’re totally satisfied with the plan we’ve built together, we can start with the actual development process.
- Creating. This is our specialty at Pegasus One and this is where we bring your vision for the perfect SaaS application into reality. We’ll create the “first draft” of your SaaS application using our collaborative plan, always making an effort to keep you informed throughout the entire process with phone and even video calls.
- Collaborating. Once we’ve finished that “first draft,” we’ll get together and review the project goals to make sure that all benchmarks have been met in the most effective and accurate ways possible. At this point, you’ll be able to see how the app itself will look and feel – also giving you a chance to let us know if we’ve met your expectations. Any necessary improvements that need to be done will be completed soon after, all in an effort to get a testable version of the application into your hands.
- Troubleshooting. This revised version of the app will then be tested, troubleshooted and tested some more – all in an effort to guarantee beyond the shadow of a doubt that we’ve created an app that works for YOUR business and not anybody else’s.
- Launching. Once everyone is in agreement that the app itself is ready for “prime time,” we work closely with you throughout the entirety of the launch process to guarantee maximum user adoption and the sky high return on investment that you were trying to create in the first place.
Keep in mind that throughout all of this, you’re in a position to enjoy a far faster implementation process than you would with a traditional software development model. When you partner with Pegasus One, the hardware, software and even network infrastructure are already in place – everything works through the Internet. Not only does that make collaboration easier (even over large distances), but you’re getting your desired outcomes in a matter of weeks as opposed to the months (or years) that you would typically have to contend with.
This process is totally iterative, meaning that we always want to continue to support and improve on the app moving forward. Indeed, that’s one of the major advantages that SaaS solutions allows you to enjoy in the first place. You’re not trying to get an app out the door as quickly as possible, at which point you’re forced to “live” with the sacrifices that had to be made for the sake of expediency.
An SaaS application is ALWAYS fluid, which means that additional opportunities for improvement will always reveal themselves – and we’ll help you take full advantage of every single one of them.
The hardworking, passionate team at Pegasus One can assist you throughout all aspects of the application development lifecycle, including but not limited to areas like:
- Testing. As a part of our continued strive for excellency, we always thoroughly test an app before launching to guarantee that there are no bugs or other issues that could impact productivity or adoption. We also take a close look at things like SaaS security (to help make sure your private data stays that way), performance and scalability. All of these factors are accounted for by way of continuous, unit, load and regression testing approaches.
- Maintenance and Support. We don’t leave you to fend for yourself once your app has gone live. Far from it. You can always count on Pegasus One for continued support, no matter what. When it comes to developing and launching your SaaS application, we’re ALWAYS available every step of the way throughout the entirety of this process. Do you have a question after the project is completed? We have the answer. Just let us know whatever you need and we’ll be able to provide any and all maintenance on the app, or even just to help you develop even more solutions in the future.
- Enhancement. This is every bit as important as maintenance. We understand that you may find the need to adjust or enhance your app every so often and at Pegasus One, we want to help you do precisely that. Your business environments change frequently, as do your larger requirements as an organization. With Pegasus One, we can easily add new functionality to SaaS applications whenever you need it, no questions asked.
- Custom Software Development. For over a decade, Pegasus One has specialized in developing business software, automation software and scalable SaaS software applications. We’ve worked in SaaS solutions both large and small, all of which allow you to automate your everyday workflow on behalf of your company or your organization.
- Management Services. Over the years, we’ve finely tuned our software management services to help make sure they’re always an ideal fit for your larger business needs. We guarantee that you are compliant, licensed and always end up with a best-fit solution for your specific needs.
- Architecture and Designing. Based on the larger business goals that we identified at the beginning of the process, along with the requirements of your SaaS application, we’ll create the core SaaS salutation multi-tenant modular architecture on your behalf. Keep in mind that this also includes the application layer, the database layer AND the infrastructure layer.
- Software Requirement Specification. When building something that is as malleable as an SaaS application, you can’t start with the app and work your way to your business challenges. You need to start with those challenges and work your way BACK to the solution that meets them. This is why we always gather all of the requirements for developing your SaaS app BEFORE the process begins. As one of the leading SaaS application development companies operating anywhere in the Los Angeles area today, the team at Pegasus One can even create a project’s specifications as needed. The choice is yours.
All of these advantages give way to one of the most important benefits of all: the ability for you to take a more focused approach to your business.
Through software-as-a-service, it becomes possible for management to focus less on the software and more on the core business processes. At that point, you’re in a position to devote the majority of your attention on those activities that truly need it – the ones that help propel your organization forward.
That freedom to focus more care, love and attention on the business you’ve already worked so hard to build in the first place is something that you aren’t likely to find anywhere else.
The Major Benefits of SaaS Applications: What Your Business Needs to Know
As stated, an SaaS application brings with it a wide range of exciting benefits over a traditional app design and distribution model that are certainly worth taking a closer look at.
- Realize a Far Faster Path to Revenue. Keep in mind that not only does SaaS provide a genuine opportunity for a faster path to revenue, but it’s also a RECURRING stream of revenue, too. When your app is used frequently, you can charge on a subscription basis and have a regular and predictable stream of income coming into your organization at all times. The more users your platform has, the more revenue you can expect to enjoy. This is why it’s all so important to design an application that actually solves a common need among your users.
- Engage and Upsell New Customers. Many SaaS applications offer a free version with limited functionality that helps to entice new customers to actually begin using the product in the first place. Once those users have been enjoying your app for awhile, they may find it so useful that they feel compelled to upgrade. Dropbox is one example of a company that does this, for example. Their free version poses a restriction on how much data you can store in the cloud and if you want to use more, you need to pay to upgrade. Once a person begins using your SaaS application and they realize how necessary it is, they pay to unlock that full version so that they can get even more out of their experience. Dropbox is just one example of a company that uses this type of business model quite effectively – rest assured that there are many, many more.
- API Integration. Another major benefit that is often overlooked is that SaaS applications by design allow for seamless integration with other apps that you or your end users happen to be enjoying. This is necessary for people who use different apps for different purposes. Bringing everything together and allowing it to work as a cohesive whole through API integration is a great way to make sure that people don’t miss out on any essential information. Quickbooks is an example of this – Quickbooks seamlessly integrates with PayPal so that business owners can easily track the money going into and coming out of their organizations via different applications.
- Security. SaaS applications are cloud-based by their very nature and, as a result, are built to secure important information at all times. There are many different security layers that are enforced – like at-rest and in-transit encryption – that help keep all of your sensitive information out of the wrong hands. Even if someone loses access to a physical device (like if they leave their smartphone behind in a taxi cab), the data is protected because it never “existed” on that device to begin with.
- The User Experience. Improving your user’s overall experience is the best way to keep them coming back for more, always guaranteeing that they’re willing to actually use your application. SaaS solutions excel in this area, as they offer a contemporary user experience with a sleek visual and responsive design. All of this is in service of enabling customers and businesses to easily access the information they need by way of an application that brings a genuine benefit to their everyday lives.
- Reduced Costs. One of the most important things to keep in mind about all of this is that the total cost of operating an on-demand software package like an SaaS solution usually works out to be about 50% LESS when compared with the implementation and management of an on-premise solution. Therefore, SaaS-based software development can help you unlock an almost immediate reduction in your total costs that would be difficult to replicate via any other method!
- Release and Ops Management. Finally, SaaS offers an innovative infrastructure and software design opportunity that fully supports functionality and maintenance releases, all while also enabling services for managing operations like testing, configuration and proactive monitoring. In other words, you can always guarantee that your end users have access to the most recent, powerful version of what you’re doing – thus going a long way towards cementing their overall adoption for years to come.
In truth, any one of these advantages would likely be enough to justify your business taking a step in this very important direction. But when taken together, they all add up to something far more powerful than any one of them could be on their own. What you’re left with is a perfect storm in the best possible way – one that empowers innovation and opportunity in equal measure.
When you put it like that, it quickly becomes clear that SaaS application development is an investment that your organization can’t afford NOT to make.
Why Choose Pegasus One? The SaaS Development Company You’ve Been Searching For Has Arrived
At Pegasus One, we’ve been helping customers enjoy the advantages that only SaaS solutions can offer for years. We’re proud of the reputation we’ve been able to earn as an industry leader in this space, and indeed we go above and beyond to offer a number of significant benefits like:
- Location-based Hosting. Our geo-specific hosting guarantees that all of your data is stored in a safe, compliant way – regardless of which industry you happen to be operating in.
- Easy-to-Use. We always make it a priority to guarantee that SaaS applications from Pegasus One are as easy-to-use as they are user-friendly, thus providing easy navigation for both customers and businesses alike.
- Improved Teamwork. We ALWAYS place a high value on collaboration, as it’s by far the best way to guarantee that we meet your needs and exceed your expectations whenever we have the opportunity to do so. We collaborate throughout the entire process and always stay connected through completion and beyond, all so that we can make sure we’re delivering the absolute best product that we can – no exceptions.
- Cost Effective. Pegasus One will always work with you to create an SaaS application for your specific budget. If there’s a more cost-effective solution out there, we’ll find it and build it for you because as business owners ourselves, we know exactly how important this factor really is.
- Fast Deployment. SaaS software already provides an easy installation process and we’ve taken a number of steps to extend these benefits even further. Pegasus One will always give you the lightning fast deployment of your SaaS application that you need when you need it the most.
- Mobility. We understand that your users are remote, so your app needs to function in the exact same way. Everyone will get the same reliable level of service, regardless of where in the world they happen to be or what device they’re using at the time.
- Scalability. Thanks to our quick processing, Pegasus One SaaS solutions are both scalable and flexible in equal measure. We can help you implement changes and improvements as quickly as you discover them.
In the end, we’ve worked hard to make sure that when you enlist the SaaS services of Pegasus One, you’re getting more than just another software developer. You’re getting a genuine partner in every sense of the term. One that understands your goals and why they’re so important, and who can clearly see how to use the latest in modern technology to help you accomplish them.
But you’re also getting an ally who is every bit as concerned with your success as YOU are – one who will stand by your side every step of the way. That is one of the core principles that this business was founded on and it’s every bit as essential to us today as it was when we first opened our doors all those years ago.
Contact Pegasus One Today
Pegasus One was first founded in 2009, when a passionate man with years of high-level experience in project management, software development, outsourcing and technology had an idea that would help avoid a lot of the pain he’d seen arise time and time again as a result of confusion and poor customer service. He saw many projects fail not because of a lack of experience, but because of poor communication.
In the last decade, Pegasus One has grown to become one of the leading SaaS development and technology companies operating anywhere in North America – or the world – today. With an expanded client-facing team in North America and a global team of senior Delivery Managers who are well-versed in the holistic management style that has become the hallmark of the company’s client-focused approach, Pegasus One is now in a better position to serve more people than ever – and that is one trend that shows absolutely no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
If you’d like to find out more information about some of the major advantages that SaaS solutions can bring to your organization, or if you’d just like to discuss the specifics of your own needs with someone in a bit more detail, please don’t delay – contact Pegasus One today.