.NET Mobile Development
With the amount of fragmentation present in todays mobile landscape with new platforms popping up every year, it becomes difficult for a company to develop and maintain a different app for multiple platforms. PegasusOne helps you solve this problem with Hybrid Applications that use web browser as a framework to develop. This ensures cross platform compatibility and reduced costs in maintaining apps for multiple platforms.
Building a mobile web site does not offer the same experience as a native application. Users on specific hardware platforms are accustomed to the enhanced experience offered by native applications. Web applications can be installed as shortcuts on the launcher surface for most devices, but they do not obey specific user-interface expectations of a specific platform. Another disadvantage to web applications is that they have no native access to hardware beyond what is exposed by HTML and related web standards.
Hybrid applications are completely native applications that embed a platform-specific web browser control. All major mobile platforms including Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8, and Blackberry/RIM support embedding web browser controls as implemented on their platform. Since the wrapper is completely native, users are not often even aware they are interacting with a web application.
Hybrid applications can be built with any web backend, but PegasusOne believes ASP.NET MVC is ideally suited for the implementation of hybrid applications. Here’s why:
- Clear separation of responsibilities
- Sharing most code with desktop or tablet web clients
- Minimal friction with underlying web development model
- Comprehensive Analytics and Reporting
Why Choose APS.NET for Hybrid Applications
- Business and database layers that already exist in your current .NET applications can be effectively reused with ASP.NET MVC applications.
- ASP.NET MVC is completely agnostic about the business and database layers and can work effectively with any system currently in place.